[Ifeffit] Advice on using Athena for XANES LCF on spectra with a small edge step?

Mike Massey mmassey at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 18:39:40 CST 2019

Thanks for the response!

I should clarify, the data are collected in fluorescence, concentration is perhaps in the hundreds of ppm to tenths-of-percent range in this case.

Personally I haven't had great luck with self-absorption correction in the past (actually I've had basically no luck), so for concentrated samples I generally follow Scott Calvin's "cut twice, measure once" rule and that has been helpful. When the concentrations get _too low_ though, it seems that I run into this problem...

Cheers,

Mike