[Ifeffit] Unwanted rescaling of energy axis when importing ascii file into Athena (Demeter 0.9.26)

Ravel, Bruce bravel at bnl.gov
Wed Jan 9 13:56:46 CST 2019

Lukas,

A mistake is made related to the keV units in the first column of your
data file.  This mistake is made only with the Ifeffit backend and only
for data with keV energy units.  The Larch backend does not suffer from
this problem.  Nor do data files with eV energy units.

I just checked a fix for this into github.  I hope to make a new windows
release sometime soon ... it will have this fix.

Two possible work-arounds:

1. Use data files with eV energy units.  The problem only effects data
measured in keV units.

2. If you cannot wait for a new Windows release, I can explain how to
modify the relevant source code file to correct the mistake.  It would
involve editing 3 lines of a file installed on your computer.