[Ifeffit] Two analysts, one spectrum, similar outcome?

Carlo Segre segre at iit.edu
Tue Aug 13 21:59:18 CDT 2019

The answer you get will depend somewhat on the assumptions you make.  if
you are truly provided with data and no other information about the
sample, then the job is challenging.  If you know something about the
sample that can help you start in a particular direction then the two
analyses have a better chance of converging but it still depends on how
you decide to approach the structural model.

You also need to think about what question you are trying to answer.  If
you have a specific goal in mind, then you may choose a different model
than the individual who is seeking the answer to a different question.

The most likely way to approach this problem is to both have the same
background information about the sample(s) and to mutually determine what
question you are trying to answer.

Cheers,

Carlo