[Ifeffit] Athena problem

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Thu Oct 18 16:08:27 CDT 2018

Hi Elien,

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 9:59 AM Elien Lemmens <elien.lemmens1 at kuleuven.be>
wrote:

> Dear,
>

> I was trying to do some linear combination fitting using Athena software.
> Although the box “All weight between 0 and 1” is ticked I get negative
> weight results.
>
> I have read the online Athena’s User's Guide, but I did not find what the
> issue can be. Do you have any ideas?
>
> Below you can find some print screens of my actions. I also get an “error”
> (print screen 2), which I don’t understand.

This is not really an answer for how to do this with Athena, but the Larch
XAS Viewer program can also do such linear combination analysis, and allows
setting an upper and lower limit on each weight and constraining the sum of
weights to be 1.

The GUI interface is slightly different, but the interface should be pretty
familiar to Athena users, and it can read in modern Athena Project files.
That is, it might be worth trying.

--Matt

To download and install, see
https://millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/xraylarch/installation.html