[Ifeffit] Larch: GSE Mapviewer export error

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Fri Oct 5 20:40:09 CDT 2018

Hi Naomi,

You are right, neither the correlation plot nor the tri-color map plots
correctly export data.   I'll add those to the To Do list.
You can export the data for each map from a single map display.

To write out a text file with correlated intensities as shown in the
correlation plot, you could do something like this in the Larch buffer:

    > print( map001.filename)
    > fe_map = map001.get_roimap('Fe Ka')
    > zn_map = map001.get_roimap('Zn Ka')
    > write_ascii('correlaton.txt', fe_map.flatten(), zn_map.flatten(),
label='Fe Zn')

Note that as the map files are read in, they'll be named 'map001',
'map002', etc  - you can print the filename to see that you have the right
one.

The fe_map and zn_map arrays will be 2D arrays so you have to "flatten"
them to write them out to a text file.

If you read that text file back in, you can make a single scatter plot, as
shown in the correlation plot window:

    > cdat = read_ascii('correlation.txt')
    > scatterplot(cdat.fe, cdat.zn)

Yeah, that's a little bit of typing code, but it will let

--Matt Newville <newville at cars.uchicago.edu> 630-252-0431