[Ifeffit] Amplitude and sigma square

Carlo Segre segre at iit.edu
Tue May 29 13:30:39 CDT 2018

Hi Abdul:

You have significant self absorption effects.  YOu can see this by loading
both transmission and fluorescence data and comparing them.

The trick I use when I have more than one shell close to each other is to
constrain the sigma squared values to be equal for both paths.  This will
give you an average between the two.  The real question is what is the
sigma squared when you just use a single path?

Carlo

--
Carlo U. Segre -- Duchossois Leadership Professor of Physics
Interim Chair, Department of Chemistry
segre at iit.edu   http://phys.iit.edu/~segre   segre at debian.org