[Ifeffit] XANES spectra of Zn-organic references

Latta, Drew E drew-latta at uiowa.edu
Fri May 18 10:14:51 CDT 2018

Dear Emmanuelle,

I worked with plants and metals a little in my post-doc as a collaboration. We found that ZnO-exposed wheat was binding Zn as a phosphate complex. Probably a Zn-phytate. But the coordination is close enough to the inorganic mineral hopeite for XANES fingerprinting. Data from the paper is attached here. The reference is a standard Zn foil reference.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11051-012-1125-9