[Ifeffit] Energy Resolution

Robert Meulenberg robert.meulenberg at maine.edu
Wed May 9 07:54:31 CDT 2018

Julian,

Keep in mind that to get to k=12, you will need to go out to ~1100 eV.  At
these energies, you will encounter just about every 1st row transition
metal L edge, and a handful of other M-edges for heavier elements.  So if
you have anything else in your sample, EXAFS will probably not be
possible.  That is usually why people don't try to do EXAFS analysis at the
soft x-ray energies.

Regards,

Rob

Robert W. Meulenberg
Associate Professor of Physics
Laboratory for Surface Science and Technology
Department of Physics and Astronomy
University of Maine
Orono, ME 04469
phone: 207-581-2245