[Ifeffit] Energy Resolution

Carlo Segre segre at iit.edu
Sat May 5 18:07:12 CDT 2018

Hi Julian:

With an edge energy of 543 eV, your monochromator resolution should be at
least 0.1 eV.  If you are interested in XANES, you need to take data at
this resolution or maybe even better.  ONce past the edge, there is no
need to keep that step size.  If your beamline permits an EXAFS-type step
scan with steps in k-space, you want to use a dk of 0.05 which is what
IFEFFIT interpolates to.  Smaller step sizes are not really useful.

Carlo

--
Carlo U. Segre -- Duchossois Leadership Professor of Physics
Interim Chair, Department of Chemistry
segre at iit.edu   http://phys.iit.edu/~segre   segre at debian.org