[Ifeffit] data after rebinning look worse in k-space than before?

Ilya Sinev ilya.sinev at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Jun 27 05:09:03 CDT 2018

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the chi(k) function isolation and rebinning
processes. I have some data recorded in “quasi channel-cut” modus, i.e. with
the mono constantly moving and the data points collected with the highest
possible rate. With 180 sec measurement in yields to a spectrum of ca. 8600
point, which obviously needs to be rebinned. The rebinned data, however,
does not look good in k-space even if multiple data are merged. Moreover, I
have an impression that the raw spectrum in k-space does not have those
8000+ points anymore but significantly less. Is there any reduction of the
data points number that is not seen (e.g. as a preparation step for FT)?
Since the unbinned data has higher quality, does it then make more sense to
keep using it for EXAFS analysis?

Thank you

Ilya Sinev

--