[Ifeffit] No shift in XANES absorption peak

Disha Gupta dsha.91 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 22:34:55 CDT 2018

Dear All

Firstly, I would like to say sorry if I have missed out on this discussion
before but it would be great if you could help me out.
I have been analyzing some Mn K-edge XAS data for some battery materials.
While the XANES data shows no shift in the main absorption peak which means
that there is no oxidation change happening, however, when I am fitting the
data in Artemis, I can see a shift in the bond lengths suggesting an
oxidation change. Is it possible that bond lengths change even though XANES
spectra show no change?

Thank you and Kind Regards
Disha