[Ifeffit] Interpreting old XANES data with missing standards

Ritimukta Sarangi ritimukta at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 10:16:51 CDT 2018

Hi  Don,
I am sure you are aware but I would like to remind you that the sulfides that you are working with have serious potential for self absorption. Most spectra out there have different degrees of self absorption which can really mess up LCA type analysis. This is not a quick solution, but you might consider remeasuring the standards following  a strict protocol of sample dilution, grinding and deposition on substrate to minimize any such artifacts.
Best,
Riti Sarangi

Sent from my iPhone