[Ifeffit] Basic questions about the preliminary data processing in Athena

Carlo Segre segre at iit.edu
Sun Jul 22 17:30:17 CDT 2018

Hello Haifeng:

Personally, I would not calibrate the data but merely align the references
of A2 and A3 to the reference of A1 and similarly align B2 and B3
references to that of B1.  Once merged, you can then aligh the
reference of the merged B samples to that of the merged A samples.

If you keep the references then you can always align data taken at a leter
time to these data sets.  If the energy of your reference is a small bit
off from the tabulated value, that is OK as long as all the data being
compared has aligned references.

Carlo

--
Carlo U. Segre -- Duchossois Leadership Professor of Physics
Interim Chair, Department of Chemistry
segre at iit.edu   http://phys.iit.edu/~segre   segre at debian.org