[Ifeffit] Is there a way to see how guessed GDS parameter affects the fitting in Artemis?

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Sun Dec 2 16:12:19 CST 2018

Hi Sergio,

On Sun, Dec 2, 2018 at 8:03 AM Sergio Tatay <sergio.tatay at uv.es> wrote:

> I was wondering is there is a simple way to see how a change in a guess
> parameter affects how the fit looks like.
>
> I’m a newbie to Artemis, and for the moment the only way I figured to do
> that is to set that parameter I want to check as def/set and then run the
> fitting. However, this can be time consuming specially is the model I’m
> using is elaborate. I would like to know is there is a method to change a
> single parameter, and then simply evaluate what the results would like
> leaving all the rest of the parameters unmodified.

Yes, you can change the values of the parameters and then re-sum the paths
without re-fitting to give the model chi(k), chi(R), etc.

After changing the value in the Parameters (aka Guess/Set/Def) window, you
can go to the Data window and select the first option in the Action Menu
"Make sum of all paths...".

Hope that helps,