[Ifeffit] xraylarch on macOS using fink

Schindler Karl-Michael karl-michael.schindler at web.de
Fri Aug 17 05:50:02 CDT 2018

Hi all.

Maybe some remember that I am working on installing and using xraylarch using fink, a package manager for macOS similar to MacPorts or Homebrew. Today I am happy to announce a major breakthrough: The first successful start of larch_gui.

If anyone is interested in following the progress or even contributing, this is the my github branch of the fink/fink-distribution:

https://github.com/fink/fink-distributions/tree/kamischi-xraylarch-new

The next steps will be:

- create macOS app-bundles within fink.
- update the dependent python packages to recent versions.
- add optional dependent python packages
- enable and debug tests of xraylarch and dependent python packages
- general debugging and staying up-to-date.

Karl-Michael Schindler

P.S. anyone attending ECOSS in Aarhus?