[Ifeffit] LCF on Larch - EXAFS Region

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Thu Aug 9 14:56:31 CDT 2018

Hi Garret,

On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 12:27 PM Garret Bland <gbland at andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I've recently been trying to use Larch instead of Athena for EXAFS
> analysis, and I mainly do linear combination fitting for my samples. It
> seems that the XANES fitting is doing just fine requesting a specified
> region to fit (-25 to +75 eV). When I try to fit in the k-space however,
> Larch does not request a specific region in k space. I try to input the eV
> values corresponding to the k value I want to fit, but it is still plotting
> in mu rather than k . Is there anyway I can change this and/or do it
> manually on the larch GUI? Any help would be appreciated!

You're right that linear combinations in k-space are not really working in
Larch's XAS Viewer, including that the range can only be set in energy.
Much of XAS Viewer is fairly new -- I think it is fairly complete, but
there are a few missing parts.  I don't ever do linear combinations of
chi(k) myself and am slightly skeptical that they are robust, so they've
haven't surfaced to the top of the ToDo list yet.  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.