[Ifeffit] Find white line position

Hiroshi Oji h.oji at nusr.nagoya-u.ac.jp
Sun Aug 5 19:26:35 CDT 2018

Dear Bruce and Carlo,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Now I understand how Athena find the peak position by the Bruce's answer.

I think some kinds of interpolation is made when Athena find the white
line position because the peak position that Athena tells seems to be
more precise than the energy step in the measurement. Is that right?

Actually, I use this function often because it is quite useful for quick
check for white line position.  But I will be careful when I use it from
now on, following the Bruce' advice.

I agree with the Carlo's suggestion that it is better to use the
curve-fitting method to find the white line position.

Best regards,

Hiroshi