[Ifeffit] Sulfur EXAFS k oscillations

Carlo Segre segre at iit.edu
Tue Apr 10 12:36:49 CDT 2018

Hi Beth:

I suggest that you not use kw=3 as that will make these background
subtraction oscillations worse.

Another thing you can try is to cut down the high end of your spline range
to 13, then 12.5 and see if that makes it behave a bit better.  I find
that it helps a lot when the data is a bit noisy or there is a slightly
wavy background.  I also look at the FT to see how the background spline
is doing.

Carlo

--
Carlo U. Segre -- Duchossois Leadership Professor of Physics
Interim Chair, Department of Chemistry
segre at iit.edu   http://phys.iit.edu/~segre   segre at debian.org