[Ifeffit] Mac install issues

Webb, Samuel M. samwebb at slac.stanford.edu
Wed Apr 4 02:50:11 CDT 2018

Hi all -

I've run into a lot of problems with Mac installs in general with my compiled XAS programs as well, particularly with the latest High Sierra update.  It's been pointed out to me by a few users that another potential work around is to use Wine 3.0 https://www.winehq.org as an emulator of sorts (and its free) to run a windows program within the MacOS environment.  It's smaller and more compact than say Parallels or VMware as it doesn't do the whole operating system, hence the free part.  Its seems easy to install, and also makes for one less OS to maintain a distribution for.  It may not be the most elegant solution, but it could work for some... I may end up using this for myself rather than maintaining a native Mac distribution in the future.

Sam