[Ifeffit] install for mac error

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Tue Apr 3 15:14:45 CDT 2018

On 04/03/2018 01:47 PM, Luke Higgins wrote:
> I see this error too. This is a bit of a bodge job, but if you replace:
>
> /opt/local/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26/Text/Template.pm
>
> With the attached template.pm from p5.24, it seems to work fine. I’d
> just rename the old Template.pm in the same directory, rather than
> deleting it – since another program may end up needing the most recent one.

Luke,

It's better than a bodge.  It seems to be a good idea.  It seems there
was a big change in Text::Template at version 1.48.  Your attachment was
version 1.47 -- i.e. before this significant change.

This confuses me.  I've read the relevant code and I don't understand
why it's a problem.  Even more, I don't understand how it can be a
problem only on the Mac and not everywhere.  Weird.

Anyway, I think replacing Text::Template as Luke suggests is a good idea
for anyone seeing this problem on the Mac.

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS-II
  Building 743, Room 114

  Beamline:    https://www.bnl.gov/ps/beamlines/beamline.php?r=6-BM