[Ifeffit] Hephaestus: Absorption Data Source

Robert Gordon ragordon at alumni.sfu.ca
Mon Nov 13 10:50:30 CST 2017

Another reference that might help:

https://journals.aps.org/pra/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevA.22.1615
Core-level lifetimes as determined by x-ray photoelectron spectroscopy
measurements
John C. Fuggle and Santos F. Alvarado
Phys. Rev. A 22, 1615 – Published 1 October 1980

X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS) has been used to measure lifetime
broadening of L, M, N, O, and P core levels with binding energies less
than 1500 eV in approximately 25 elements. The results show that the
framework provided by previously accepted theoretical estimates of
lifetime broadening is sometimes misleading. Lifetimes derived from
theory and experiment often differ by a factor of 2 or more. In the
transition metals of the first period plots of measured widths of the
L1(2s),L2(2p12), and L3(2p32) levels as a function of atomic number show
broad maxima which are not adequately described by theory. The origin of
this broadening is extensively discussed, as is the overestimation of
lifetimes by theory in other areas of the periodic table.

Also check "Cited by" references for potentially updated information.

-R.