[Ifeffit] Hephaestus: Absorption Data Source

Daniel Przyrembel daniel.przyrembel at fu-berlin.de
Mon Nov 13 10:15:14 CST 2017

Thanks Robert!

That's somehow reassuring.
Still I can't see any reference to 'Keski-Rahkonen and Krause' in
Hephaestus on my install (0.9.25 on Windows):
Help -> Document takes me to an HTML document,
"...installpath...\DemeterPerl\perl\site\lib\Demeter\share\documentation\Athena\hephaestus.html",
that does not mention any reference(s) for lifetimes. Maybe that is an
omission in my version of the program?!

The other reference you mentioned (Krause and Oliver) I have found as
well, but, alas, it only lists K and L levels and, yes, I wondered about
Krause not mentioning his own work, too.

In general it seems to be tedious/difficult to find core-hole lifetimes,
let alone tabulated values for a broad range of elements and their core
levels. That's why I am/was so keen on finding the source(s) used in
Hephaestus. Especially as I would love to know whether it's experimental
or theory values. In the latter case one would necessarily want to know
how they were calculated in the former how they were determined...

I'll keep looking around (& through the works cited by 'Krause and
Oliver')...

Cheers

Daniel