[Ifeffit] Self absorption in CeO2 spectrum

Anatoly Frenkel anatoly.frenkel at stonybrook.edu
Fri May 19 16:48:18 CDT 2017

It is all self-absorption (over-absorption) that explains the difference. Ce 3+ will appear as a separate shoulder below the first peak and there is no evidence of this contribution in the spectra.

These effects, including the difference between the spectra of the powder and film CeO2 due to self-absorption, are extensively described in literature.

Anatoly

Sent from my iPhone