[Ifeffit] jfeff, OS X 10.12, java version "1.8.0_131"

Jeff Terry terryj at iit.edu
Wed May 17 17:08:40 CDT 2017

Hi All,

Has anyone successfully installed jfeff 9.6.4 on OS X Sierra?
The installer crashes after requesting a password when I try to run it.

I have tried on OS X El Capitan 10.11 and the same version of java but I get an error message saying it doesn’t recognize java.
If I downgrade to java 1.6, the installer runs under OS X 10.11 but then quits with the error message Error changing ownership of /Applications to my user name.
I don’t really want the installer changing the ownership of Applications.

Is this a common problem?

Jeff