[Ifeffit] E0 on linear combination fitting: fit or not?

Matthew Marcus mamarcus at lbl.gov
Fri May 12 10:58:00 CDT 2017

My experience on ALS 10.3.2 is that shifts of up to about 0.5eV are plausible and often improve the fit substantially.  I assume you're talking XANES, not EXAFS.  6eV
is right out and suggests either a misidentification of the species (false fit) or inconsistency of energy cal.  One of my pet peeves is that authors of XANES-intensive
papers will often say things like "energy was calibrated using Cu foil" without saying what their assumed value was (8978eV? 8048.45eV?).
	mam