[Ifeffit] Space group type in Artemis

Robert Gordon ragordon at alumni.sfu.ca
Sat Mar 11 10:21:58 CST 2017

B11b in an alternate form of space group #9 (Cc or C1c1)
Atoms does take Bb as the space group, but that could be Bb11
(which does not produce an error message) with unique x-axis instead
of the unique z-axis in B11b.

My suggestion: When I use a crystal structure in Atoms,
I prefer to check the Inorganic Crystal Structure Database (ICSD)
for a standard form of the structure (and a list of distances for
comparision).
That should net a structure in Cc format.

Useful reference for space groups:
http://img.chem.ucl.ac.uk/sgp/mainmenu.htm

regards,
-R.