[Ifeffit] downloading Demeter

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Wed Mar 1 07:24:16 CST 2017

To those who have noticed that Demeter has not been available for
download in the last day or so:

I use Amazon's S3 service to distribute the large installer files.  You
may have seen the news in the last 12 hours about a massive outage of
that service, or you may have noticed that other internet resources that
you use are unresponsive.

There is nothing I can do to resolve this problem.  Eventually Amazon S3
will come back on line and you will again be able to download Demeter.

Please be patient and try again later.

Regards,

Example news article:
https://techcrunch.com/2017/02/28/amazon-aws-s3-outage-is-breaking-things-for-a-lot-of-websites-and-apps/