[Ifeffit] boundary issue in artemis

Scott Calvin dr.scott.calvin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 05:51:39 CST 2017

Hi Marcus,

>From the graph, it looks likely that one of your sigma2’s is negative, causing the fit to blow up at high k.

If so, then the apparently good fit below k=9 is actually a “false fit,” meaning that it looks good on a graph, but is nonphysical. Unfortunately, that means you have more work to do in adjusting the model; you shouldn't just narrow the fitting window and ignore the misfit.

Best,
Scott Calvin
Lehman College of the City University of New York