[Ifeffit] Bond length and Coordination number problems from EXAFS

Fuxiang Zhang zhangfx at umich.edu
Tue Feb 21 08:22:33 CST 2017

Hi, Robert,
Thank you very much for the help. Based on the nominal composition, there
should have more than one Pd atoms in the 1st shell and both the R values
you got are reasonable.
I still have some questions about the fitting
1) Which is better, to refine only the first shell or more shells.
    The results seems to be quite sensitive on the selection of kmin/kmax
and Rmin/Rmax, I cannot judge when can get reliable results (base on chi?)
2) You used Rmax=2.56, while Rpd is 2.68, not sure if there's
any contradict
3) For the Nni and Npd, you change them manually and check the chi
values during fitting, is that right?

Thanks again

Fuxiang