[Ifeffit] When opening Artemis "Restore from an autosave file" appears and application is frozen

Stephanie Moffitt stephaniemoffitt2012 at u.northwestern.edu
Tue Feb 7 18:47:19 CST 2017

Hi All,

I recently upgraded my Mac to run 10.12 Sierra. I followed the github
instructions for installing the updated version of Demeter (including
installing Macports). Athena will open for me but Artemis does not. When I
type artemis into the terminal window all the windows for artemis appear
but a window which says "Restore from autosave file" appears with the
choices "cancel" or "OK". However at this point the application is frozen.
I have tried looking for an artemis.autosave file on my computer or even an
"anything".autosave file but I can not find anything. The closest thing was
AutoSave.pm but when I deleted that artemis refused to open at all so I had
to reinstall Demeter. I have also attempted to change the
artemis.demeter_conf file so that the autosave portion says "false" instead
of "true" however, the file said I did not have permission to change the
file. Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,
Stephanie

--
.