[Ifeffit] Trigonometric Function in GDS

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Mon Feb 6 13:11:27 CST 2017

Mikhail,

On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 9:36 AM, Mikhail Solovyev <sarsol89 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello to all.
>
> I am encountering an issue when trying to input a trigonometric function
> in my GDS window. When trying to fit the data, i get what appears to be an
> error
>
> GDS: 'FeN0'
>      function_2
>
> And it applies to every GDS that has the trig function in it.
> What exactly does the function_2 mean?

You definitely do not give enough information.  You didn't actually say
what program you're using.  I'll guess Artemis.

I believe that the error message you see is from one of the "sanity checks"
in Artemis suggesting that the mathematical expression you're using in the
Get-Def-Set window is invalid or somehow not recognized.   Since you
thought it would be better to not tell us what expression for FeN0 you used
that caused the problem was, I'll eagerly guess that you wrote

  def   FeN0    2(sigma2)

which would generate the message above.  "2()" is not a supported
function.   Voila, problem solved!

> Thank you.

You are welcome. It's much easier to solve problems when I get to guess
what they are!

Cheers,