[Ifeffit] How to use Larch as backend for Athena and Artemis on Windows

ASAKURA, Hiroyuki asakura at moleng.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Tue Aug 15 05:10:27 CDT 2017

Dear all,

I would like to use the latest Larch as backend for Athena and Artemis on Windows to handle hundreds of XAS data (, hopefully).
But, I'm stuck. I would appreciate any comments and suggestions.

Matt announced it is now possible on this list, but I still cannot do it on Windows.

[Ifeffit] Larch 0.9.33
http://millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/pipermail/ifeffit/2017-April/009091.html

> The "server mode" for Athena and Artemis now works on all platforms and I
> strongly encourage everyone to use this over the ifeffit back end.

Here is what I did.

Environment:
Windows 10 Pro (Japanese)
Demeter 0.9.25 (via official website)
Python 3.6 (official distribution)

1. Installation of the latest Larch

> git clone https://github.com/xraypy/xraylarch.git (sha1: 5a372cfe1368a8ac10c2ebfc5bef4e9a9a325f6d)
> cd xraylarch
> python setup.py install
# Some dependency related to XRD is not fulfilled.

2. Start Larch server

> cd %LOCALAPPDATA%\Programs\Python\Python36\Scripts
> python larch_server start
larch_server port=4966: started

I found a parameter of peakfit backend in demeter.ini and changed to larch, but did not work (as expected).

In the dathena.log, Athena still uses ifeffit as backend.

> perl version: v5.18.2
> backend: ifeffit

Should I compile Demeter package by myself to use the Larch backend?
Or, is there any "switch" to use Larch?

Thanks in advance,

ASAKURA, Hiroyuki

--
ASAKURA, Hiroyuki (Ph.D)
T. Tanaka Lab., ESICB, Kyoto University, Japan
asakura at moleng.kyoto-u.ac.jp
http://www.moleng.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~moleng_04/asakura/