[Ifeffit] Silent Oxygen

Robert Gordon ragordon at alumni.sfu.ca
Tue Apr 18 20:10:46 CDT 2017

Hi Fuxiang,

Further to Bruce's note, I looked at your file. Your model splits the
nearest oxygens by only 0.01A.
Is that the magnitude of splitting you anticipate?
Are you familiar with the resolution criteria for EXAFS?
(k-range [deltak]) * (R-resolution [deltaR]) ~ pi/2 for identical near
neighbours
This is also discussed in the archives, e.g.:
http://millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/pipermail/ifeffit/2007-November/003414.html

Looking at your chi(k), it seems usable, charitably, up to about 8 A-1,
not to 12 A-1 as your
window suggests you have used. Claims of being able to resolve small
splittings
with this data will be viewed with skepticism.

-R.