[Ifeffit] Silent Oxygen

Fuxiang Zhang zhangfx at umich.edu
Tue Apr 18 10:10:25 CDT 2017

Hi, all,
I am in studying the EXAFS of perovskite and clearly see the split of the
first peak after ion irradiation. It should come from a symmetry change, so
I use a tetragonal model (instead the original cubic) which contains two
independent O sites. However, after running Atoms and Feff, all paths are
contributed by only one O atom and nothing related to another Oxygen atoms
(see attached file). As a result it may be difficult to get a good fit of
the first split Ta-O peaks. I am not sure if it is true or something wrong.
Thank you very much

Fuxiang Zhang