[Ifeffit] Conflicting FEFF calculation

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Tue Apr 4 09:07:46 CDT 2017

Robert, thanks for doing so much work to verify what Ashis is seeing.

That said, I am still not seeing this problem.  My working notion is
that it is a problem that somehow got fixed while I was doing some other
work a few months ago.

This morning, I prepared and uploaded a new installer package as a
pre-release of the upcoming version.  Here's the direct link.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/demeter4xas/Demeter_0.9.26_with_Strawberry_Perl_(64)_pre2.exe

If one or both of you could install this and let me know if the problem
persists, I would be grateful.

I did uncover a bunch of of problems with Demeter's crystallography bits
while I was working on

    https://github.com/bruceravel/WebAtoms,
    http://millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/webatoms

I don't really see the value of sifting through all that work to figure
out what had an impact on Ashis' issue.  If the newer code works -- that
seems good enough to me.