[Ifeffit] problem in data processing in athena (Arkaprava Das)

fred.mosselmans at diamond.ac.uk fred.mosselmans at diamond.ac.uk
Sat Sep 24 05:53:04 CDT 2016

Dear Arkaprava,
The beamline writes a bizarre no. of zeros in to the file.
Also there are no headers on the columns which is pretty poor IMO. If you remove most of the zeroes (I just used replace in Wordpad) Athena understands the file fine, though I couldn't tell what the columns were so as there are no headers, so just guessed 5 might be the data.
I don't think it is given the y scale but hopefully this shows how to do it.
I think saving the file to an extension usually used for excel is a pretty odd thing to do also.
So this is when Bruce might say ask the beamline staff not to output such strange data format and life would be easier for you.

Thanks
Fred

J.F.W. Mosselmans
Prinicipal Beamline Scientist I18