[Ifeffit] Ifeffit Digest, Vol 163, Issue 10

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Tue Sep 13 09:05:37 CDT 2016

On 09/13/2016 03:23 AM, Matteo Busi wrote:

> Attached is an example of multiple data sets project,
>
> Please try to:
> 1. Load all the data sets of the project
> 2. Mark only the data set: "merge"
> 3. Save current group as: "____"
> 4. Save marked group as "____"
> 5. Open both files in a notepad
> 6. Notice the differences
>
> I hope this is detailed enough, ( I have attached my saved files as well)

Quoting from the description of the "Save marked files as ..." output
file from the Athena manual (see
http://bruceravel.github.io/demeter/documents/Athena/output/column.html)

    The output file will contain the x-axis value (i.e. energy, k, R, or
    q) in the first column. The remaining columns will contain each of
    the marked data groups, in the order they appear in the group list.

While Athena may not be doing whatever you think should be done, it is,
in fact, behaving exactly as described in the user manual.  The first
column of your "marked.xmu" file is energy, the subsequent columns are
the set of marked groups.  In this case, you marked a single group, thus
there is one more column, total of 2.

All that said, there is a mistake in the XDI content of the header.  The
"Column.N" lines are generated incorrectly.  Thank you for bringing that
to my attention.

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS-II
  Building 743, Room 114