[Ifeffit] porting wxpython-3.0.2.0 to python35

Karl-Michael Schindler karl-michael.schindler at physik.uni-halle.de
Sun Oct 9 12:33:12 CDT 2016

> Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2016 07:57:37 -0500
> From: Matt Newville <newville at cars.uchicago.edu>
> To: XAFS Analysis using Ifeffit <ifeffit at millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov>
> Subject: Re: [Ifeffit] ifeffit on Mac OS X: fink package
>
> I've seen notices of issues
> with wxPython too, and it looked like a more serious problem than the
> „non-approved developers" thing.

In fink, once i had the package wxwidget fixed, wxpython-3.0.2.0 worked without any change with Python27.

I also tried to build wxpython-3.0.2.0 with Python35, but i got stuck with 27 → 35 issues, where os.environ.has_key("WXWIN") would need to be replaced in wxPython/config.py.

I was able to fix 4 small issues in wxPython/config.py, but would need some advice/support with the one above. Any chance?

Michael.