[Ifeffit] larch on Mac OS X: fink package

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Fri Oct 7 12:07:29 CDT 2016

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the earlier post on Fink vs MacPorts.    I'll respond to that
(out of order, I know) later today.

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 6:52 AM, Karl-Michael Schindler <
karl-michael.schindler at physik.uni-halle.de> wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> After fixing wxwidgets and wxpython, a first version of the fink package
> description for xraylarch 0.9.30 with python 2.7 is done. It still need to
> resolve some naming issues and the GUI apps also need to be done. Because
> of the „alpha“ status, I haven’t committed them yet, but could pass the
> preliminary versions to interested parties.
>
> Is there a difference whether using version 3.0.2 and 3.1.0 of wxwidgets?

On MacPorts, wxPerl ultimately depends on wxWidgets 3.0.2

For wxPython, which xraylarch would use, that also is based on wxWidgets
3.0.2.  In general, wxPython builds its own version of wxWidgets, and I
believe the MacPorts package for wxPython does not actually depend on the
wxWidgets package.

Cheers,

-Matt