[Ifeffit] struggling to install demeter under ubuntu 16.04

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Wed Nov 30 12:48:18 CST 2016

Marcus,

This is the last time I am going to respond to a personal email from you
on this topic.  It is important that you use the mailing list.  The list
gets archived, which means that the next fellow who has a similar
problem might be able to find our conversation and, thus, find a
solution to the problem.  A private conversation precludes that
possibility, so I will not continue to respond to these private emails
-- even though I have been CCing them to the list.

The problem seems to be that you are installing demeter into a place in
your home directory without telling your shell where to look for the
executables.

Try putting something like

    export PATH=$PATH:/home/marquinhos/demeter/bin/

in your .bashrc file, which is found in your home directory.  You will
then need to reload your .bashrc file.  This can be done by

     . ~/.bashrc

(the dot is important, see
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2518127/how-do-i-reload-bashrc-without-logging-out-and-back-in!)

As for the problem you mention below about './Build test' -- I just
pushed a fix for that problem to github within the last few minutes.
Update from github and try again.

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS-II
  Building 743, Room 114