[Ifeffit] struggling to install demeter under ubuntu 16.04

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Wed Nov 30 08:14:20 CST 2016

On 11/30/2016 08:53 AM, mfehse wrote:

> I have followed through all steps but I encountered a few errors when
> doing the /Build install and when i want to run the application by
> "dathena" i get the following:
>
> marquinhos at marquinhos-Lapi:~/demeter$ dathena
> No command 'dathena' found, did you mean:
>  Command 'athena' from package 'horae' (multiverse)
> dathena: command not found

Hi Marcus,

My best guess here is that you need to reset the shell to recognize the
new executables in the PATH.  Doing "hash -r", as explained here, should
help:

http://superuser.com/questions/490983/how-to-rehash-executables-in-path-with-bash

Another possibility is that the place that "./Build install" is
installing to is not in the path.  You can check the path by doing "echo
$PATH".  "./Build install" should tell you where it is installing to.

Do let me know if either of those is the issue.  If so, I will add a
note to the installation instructions about it.

> I have attached the error file to this mail produced via "./Build test |
> tee ~/test_errors.txt"

Good job on the attachment.  Thanks!

I suspect this problem will be resolved when the first problem is
resolved.  If not, let me know.  In that case, please do:

    ./Build test verbose=1 --test_files t/001_base.t | tee ~/test_errors.txt

That will give the verbose output, but only run the first failing test.
That will help me (I hope!) further track down the problem.

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS-II
  Building 743, Room 114