[Ifeffit] Problems with gnuplot graphics on Mac OS 10.12.1

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Tue Nov 29 08:13:56 CST 2016

Hi Paul,

I don't see that error.    It looks like it must come from
    ...../lib/Demeter/templates/plot/gnuplot/marker.tmpl

(which gets installed to
/opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.24/darwin-thread-multi-2level/Demeter/templates/plot/gnuplot/marker.tmpl

for me with Macports).   This file eads::

##--------

{ # -*- ifm -*-
  # template for inserting a marker
  #   {$x} and {$y} are supplied by the caller and are the points at which
to draw a marker
  #   {$P->parameter} returns the value of a Plot parameter
{$P->markercolor} '\{/*1.5 \244\}'
}
set label '\{/Symbol \\{$C->default(qw(gnuplot markersymbol))}\}' at
{$x},{$y} center front textcolor ls 12
replot

Maybe try adding a space before "set" just in case something is getting
parsed weirdly?

--Matt