[Ifeffit] port for demeter failure

Ping, Yuan ping2 at llnl.gov
Fri Nov 4 12:02:51 CDT 2016

Hi Justin,

I had a similar problem. Wayne Lukens’s idea of installing each package individually by ”sudo port install libcxx” worked for me. But I am stuck with perl5.24:

sudo port install perl5.24

--->  Computing dependencies for perl5.24

--->  Installing perl5.24 @5.24.0_0

Error: org.macports.install for port perl5.24 returned: no destroot found at: /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_lang_perl5/perl5.24/work/destroot

Please see the log file for port perl5.24 for details:

    /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_lang_perl5/perl5.24/main.log

To report a bug, follow the instructions in the guide:

    http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets

Error: Processing of port perl5.24 failed

How did you pass that?

Thanks,

Yuan

On 11/3/16, 10:08 AM, "Ifeffit on behalf of justin park" <ifeffit-bounces at millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov<mailto:ifeffit-bounces at millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov> on behalf of justin.pchem at gmail.com<mailto:justin.pchem at gmail.com>> wrote:

Hello Matt,

Thanks for the help.  I seem to have gotten it to work by cleaning and then trying the command below multiple times. I had installed macports and then used this command.

sudo port install xorg-server demeter

and it gave the error
Error: org.macports.archivefetch for port libcxx returned: archivefetch failed for libcxx @3.7.1_0+universal

 then a bunch more lines of code which I assummed were the files it didn't get to in the port. Then it just said

Error: port of Demeter failed.

I ended up getting past all that. and had another error too many files opened  but jean has answered that for me now as well.

Thanks for all the help

-Justin