[Ifeffit] port for demeter failure

Matthew Newville matt.newville at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 10:27:07 CDT 2016

Hi Jason,
On Nov 2, 2016 6:28 PM, "justin park" <justin.pchem at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have followed the steps to install macports on my mac and it seems to be
> working. However when I went to port in demeter it start and fails rather
> quickly giving this error message.
>
> Error: org.macports.archivefetch for port libcxx returned: archivefetch
> failed for libcxx @3.7.1_0+universal
>
> What do I need to do in macports to get it to properly fetch libcxx?

Several of people (including me) have observed that they sometimes need to
do "sudo port install" of many of the dependencies (say, libgcc or perl
packages), and that sometimes they need to try multiple times.

But also: can you give a more complete report of exactly what commands you
typed and exactly what the error messages were?  "I followed the steps" is
actually ambiguous, as you're assuming that we know which steps you
followed.   We might be able to guess correctly what you actually did, but
if you tell us explicitly then we wouldn't have to guess.