[Ifeffit] Regarding time resolved XAS

mazhar iqbal mazharphy_05 at yahoo.com
Tue May 31 20:11:30 CDT 2016

Thank you Sir Bruce Ravel
I am using laser plasma X-ray source that emits Cu kalpha and Kbeta together with Bremsstrahlung. I am working with Ni sample whose edge falls between K alpha and K beta lines. I am recording the signal on CCD screen through graphite spectrometer in such a way that part of the beam is being transmitted through the sample while other portion is going direct to the ccd. In other words I have monitoring/Reference and transmitted signal simultaneously on CCD. The setting is such that I can record Cu kalpha together with K absorption edge of Ni always in above mentioned singals. I am interested in K edge.
Now while performing pump probe experiment, as i mentioned in previous message, there happens a shift of K edge. Additionaly sometimes the drift of the signal is observed on the screen. Now comes the alignment of the spectra to deal with the possible drift.
My question is this that should I align the spectra with reference to Cu K-alpha line of monitoring beam? or should I align the spectra with each other (transmitted signal of one spectra to the other) taken on different delays? I hope you understand my question and hope to see the valuable solution.
Best Regards