[Ifeffit] Bug report ATHENA (Demeter 0.9.24)

Patel, Sunil Sunil.Patel at honeywell.com
Mon May 16 04:54:03 CDT 2016

Hello All,
I am using the latest version of Demeter (0.9.24) in Windows 7 Enterprise (64-bit).
In the process of doing LCF, the fit details (for ex. standards used for fitting, fitting range, phase fractions etc.) are not saved into the project file. This (very useful!) feature was available in the older version of ATHENA.

Please find attached a project file. To reproduce the problem:

  1.  Open the project file in new ATHENA.
  2.  Do LCF for marked datasets (Data_1 to Data_6) using standards (Standard_1 and Standard_2), with LCF range= -20 to 40 eV and hitting the "Fit marked groups" tab.
  3.  Save the project file and close it.
  4.  Re-open the file and go to the LCF page. The details are not saved. We need to re-do the fits to get the values.
  5.  To check, open the ATHENA project file in older version of ATHENA and repeat the above steps. LCF details are shown on re-opening the file.

A similar bug report was made last year for an earlier version of Demeter (0.9.21).

(http://www.mail-archive.com/ifeffit%40millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/msg05057.html )

Thanks & regards,
Sunil Patel