[Ifeffit] Exporting Athena projects data

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Fri Mar 4 08:16:43 CST 2016

On 03/03/2016 05:53 PM, Matteo Busi wrote:
> Hi Bruce, hi mailing list readers.
> With the project I'm working with, it came out that would be really
> useful for me to export groups in both .xmu and .chi .
> More in details I have to deal with a function that depends on both the
> chi and xmu data. I tried to look at all the chances and through the
> guide but I didn't find any function to do that. I was thinking of
> exporting separately the .chi and .xmu data, but they have different
> point of the Energy(eV) and that makes hard the programming of my
> evaluating scripts.
> Should I use the spline function to estimate the .xmu data and use it
> combined to the .chi data?

Hi Mateo,

I'm not quite clear on what you are asking for.  Do you want an ascii
output file that has a column containing chi(E) using the energy grid of
the original data?

If so, would it suffice to add a column to the mu(E) ascii output file?
  That seems to me like a natural solution.

Cheers,

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS-II