[Ifeffit] How to input atoms in solid solution for Artemis

Anatoly I Frenkel afrenke2 at yu.edu
Thu Jun 23 18:11:14 CDT 2016

You definitely will see the difference (sorry that I am replying instead of Scott who will not mind of course) because from Ni edge the result means an effective mixture of Ni-Ni and Ni-Fe bond lengths, and for edge - the effective mixture of Fe-Ni and Fe-Fe bonds. That's why you get different results. If you could measure separately Fe-Ni and Ni-Fe (you can't ) their lengths should have been the same, of course, but in your case you are not doing that, hence the difference.

It could have been caused by a million other reasons, e.g. the correlation with other parameters or bad data quality or mistakes in the model or how you constructed the fitting procedure, but it is besides the point.

Anatoly

Sent from my iPhone