[Ifeffit] Question about fuzzy degeneracy

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Thu Jun 9 09:53:13 CDT 2016

The tool for computing fuzzy degeneracy over sites that is currently
implemented in Artemis is specifically for multiple sites occupied by
the same atomic species in a crystal structure.

As I stated in the paper, the same concept can be implemented by looping
over positions in any kind of structural data -- your MD simulation
would be a fine example.  That, however, is not implemented at this time
in Artemis.

If you are so motivated to implement your solution in Larch, then I
would recommend that you adopt the same strategy I described in the
paper.  Bin your paths together, count them up and compute the average
distance, write out a paths.dat file describing a path at the average
distance, run the genfmt part of feff6 using your bespoke paths.dat
file, and use that result.

Or skip the binning step and write out a paths.dat file that generates
all the paths for all the absorber-scatterer pairs in your MD
simulation.  Whatever works best for you.....