[Ifeffit] atoms crashes

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Fri Jun 3 10:24:37 CDT 2016

After a bit more investigation, it seems that the Atoms GUI does, in
fact, check that hings like A are interpretable as numbers.

However, the part of the code that attempts to import an atoms.inp or
CIF file does not make that same check properly.

So, you have uncovered something that is certainly a bug.  Thanks!

For the time being, you need to be sure that the crystal data files you
are attempting to read do not have things like "a = 3.839()".

Cheers,

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS-II